Thursday, January 15, 2009

Weather Woes

I live in the midwest, and I absolutely loathe the winter season. Chicago is experiencing a spate of bad weather, the likes of which haven't been seem or felt in twelve years. Today the temperature today was -7 at the highest. The wind chills have plunged the temps even lower.

And to add insult to energy, it's snowed a good 5 feet over the past few days. I need to live in the south, where towns shut down at a dusting of snow. This has been too much for me. I think in a fomer life I must have lived in a warm environment.

The commuter rail hasn't been cooperating either. We had a gun scare during morning rush hour traffic yesterday. Thank God, I wasn't impacted. 1000 commuters at my station were asked to debark the train and searched for weapons.

Then during the evening ride, an Amtrak train derailed, setting back the schedule of many commuter trains. I need a break.

The weather is supposed to be frigid tomorrow too, then we get a break on Saturday and Sunday, but will get more of the white stuff.

As the old commercial said, Calgon will you take me away. preferrably to a warmer climate.

No comments: