Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Bring On 2009

I didn't post last Wednesday, the 31st and last day of 2008. I was out celebrating the oncoming new year. I hope everyone had an enjoyable holiday I sure did. I was at the Double Tree Hotel bringing in the new year with my husband, sister, and a host of other people. We had a wonderful appetizing dinner, there was dancing, old school style, and my favorite Stepping.

My husband was dressed in a tuxedo, and my sister and I in formal gowns. We looked good, if I might say so myself.

I didn't cook black-eyed peas on January 1st which is a tradition in my family, instead my husband and I went out to dinner.

I am looking forward to 2009 despite all the challenges that may come my way. Like most people, I worry about my 9-5 job, if I'll be let go, my shrinking 401K or retirement account and life in general. The price of gas has been climbing, and I wonder when or if it will become stable.

I don't make new year resolutions because I don't keep them for very long, maybe a couple of months. After a few years of not keeping my resolutions, I decided to use the new year to access my life from the previous year and make adjustments, that seems to work out better for me.

So, let's dig in and embrace the new year, whatever it might bring, which is sure to be equal parts of good, bad, and ugly.

No comments: