Thursday, January 29, 2009

Employment

Everytime I read a newspaper or turn on the news on the television which I try not to do often, there is news about unemployment and none of it is good.

Every day it seems more and more people are losing their jobs. I have been working in the same field, IT for 30 years and I've only been terminated from my job once during my entire career. And that was due to my company merging with another one. I've also quit one job my entire career, so that means I've collected unemployment twice during 30 years.

So many people let go from their jobs at one time and it feels me with apprehension. What are people to do? Where do they go? Experts have said the economy won't improve for at least a couple of years.

A couple in California committed suicide along with their family this week due to unemployment. Apparently there are counselors who are trying to help people cope with losing jobs, homes, and the dismal economy.

This is the worse time in the USA that I've seen during my lifetime. I just wonder when the bleeding will stop. In the meantime I pray to God daily asking him to ease not just my burdens but everyone effected by our dismal ecomony.

1 comment:

Angelia Vernon Menchan said...

That is a good prayer Michelle...and pray we must, but, those of us who have a little bit can also do something, it dawned on me recently that my morning starbucks and lunches was running me about eigthy dollars a week...grocery money for some families...so I figured I could help a charity or two and lose a pound or two at the same time...

Bless You!
angelia